Direct responsibility and oversight for the provision of social services to Senior Care Services participants, family members and caregivers. Provides active leadership for Social Work team. Provide leadership in meetings to advocate for PACE participants and families and lead the discussion regarding psycho-social issues and concerns.
- Provides leadership to Social Workers I & II in the performance of initial and semi-annual assessments, quarterly notes and develops care plans for assigned team/participants of Senior Care Services Program and psychotherapeutic interventions of participants and assure completion within monthly timeframe set by state guidelines.
- Mandatory attendance and active participation in all program team proceedings.
- Provide leadership/support to Social Workers in the development and implementation of individual's plan of care.
- Provide oversight and direction for Social Workers to advocate for their participants in family conferences as needed to resolve difficult issues.
- Active participation in Senior Services process of improvement team efforts and all quality assurance improvements.
- Perform group and individual counseling and therapeutic support to program participants.
- Provide training support and case oversight in coordination with Social Work team.
- Act as a liaison with participant's family, caregiver and for with other community agencies providing services to program participants.
- Document all participant and family contacts in accordance with program guidelines ensuring that the documentation of all contacts in accordance with standards and regulations.
- Interview and screen senior care services participants, family members and caregivers to determine additional psychotherapeutic interventions.
- Make home visits to participants as necessary.
- Mandatory contacts with participants within the assigned caseload at the least one time a month.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Masters' degree in Social Work from an accredited university required.
- Three or more year's experience in case management and/or social advocacy with geriatric population required.
- CPR/First Aid certificate required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, English/Tagalog or another second language strongly preferred.
Up to 10% Travel