Weill Cornell Medicine
Development Communications Associate
Weill Cornell Medicine seeks a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual,
under the direction of the Development Communications Manager, to research, write, edit and manage a high volume of development-related articles, online content, publications, speaking remarks and other materials for the Office of External Affairs. This position is a primary writer of development-related talking points and speaking remarks for the Dean and senior leadership, and a key point person for multiple Development publications related to a variety of donor affinity groups.
Highly Desired Requirements
Skill and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications or similar field.
- Three to five years minimum related work experience in communications, preferably in a fundraising environment for a health-related non-profit, or in a public relations firm working closely with health-related clients.
- Prior experience writing speeches and remarks.
- Experience in writing published stories for the health and medical fields.
- Experience writing for and updating web and social media sites.
Please use our on-line application system at:
- Excellent computer skills (PC and Mac) including MS Office, HTML, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Strong writing and oral communications skills, including the proven ability to interpret medical and technical language for a general audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of constituents including senior fundraiser's and officers, volunteers, donors, physicians, scientists, and vendors.
Please refer to Job Number 30853
Weill Cornell Medicine is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EOE/M/F/Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.