Tenet Healthcare Corporation
is a diversified healthcare services company with more than 130,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International (USPI), the company operates 79 general acute care hospitals, 20 short-stay surgical hospitals and 469 outpatient centers in the United States, as well as nine facilities in the United Kingdom. Tenet’s Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.
Citizens Baptist Medical Center
At Citizens Baptist Medical Center, we are passionate about caring for the people of central Alabama. Talladega is our home, and we’re pleased to serve our community. Our acute care facility is equipped with 122 beds and over 350 professionals to do just that. We follow a patient-focused approach that helps ensure you get not only the immediate care you need, but also preventive care and education to help you maintain the maximum level of health.
We offer a full range of services to meet the diverse needs of our patients including fast, life-saving response times for patients with chest pain or stroke symptoms; a patient-first approach to home health and hospice care; surgical services, including minimally invasive surgery; orthopedics, including rehabilitation; and psychiatric care. Hospital services include Children's Services, Diagnostics, Digestive Disorders, Ear, Nose & Throat, Emergency, Gynecological Surgery, Heart Care, Home Health, Hospice Care, Maternity, Orthopedics, Psychiatry, Pulmonary and Respiratory, Rehabilitation Services, Sleep Center, Surgical Services, Weight Loss Surgery, Women's Health, Workforce Wellness.
In October of 2015, Baptist Health System and Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE/THC) signed a definitive agreement creating a joint venture to operate a healthcare network serving Birmingham and central Alabama. The new network includes all Baptist Health System hospitals, Tenet’s Brookwood Medical Center and each organization’s related businesses. Under the joint venture arrangement, Tenet is the majority partner and manages the network’s operations.
The new company unites Baptist Health System’s four hospitals: Citizens Baptist Medical Center, Princeton Baptist Medical Center, Shelby Baptist Medical Center, and Walker Baptist Medical Center, with Brookwood Medical Center. Together, the new system will have more than 1,700 licensed beds; 77 outpatient and physician office facilities, including clinics delivering primary and specialty care; approximately 7,300 employees and approximately 1,500 affiliated physicians.
Citizens’ mission is to deliver exceptional healthcare to every person we have the privilege to serve, and our vision is to be your premier healthcare system.
The Chief Nursing Officer reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer of Citizens Baptist Medical Center.
Key CNO Responsibilities
The Chief Nursing Officer provides strategic leadership as the senior executive position responsible for all nursing and other designated patient care functions and services within the hospital organization. The role assumes responsibility for assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating nursing practice on a facility level. The role assumes 24/7 responsibility and has accountability to ensure high quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical staff, and appropriate resource management related to patient care. The Chief Nursing Officer represents nursing concerns on the governing board and at medical staff leadership meetings.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.
- An academic degree in nursing is required, and a Master’s degree in Nursing or related field (Health Administration, Business, Public Health, or Management) is strongly preferred.
- Active and current registered nurse license in the state of residence/practice is required.
- Current CENP or NEA certification preferred.
Required Background Experience
- At least five years of progressive management experience in a facility environment as an Associate Chief Nursing Officer or Nursing Director of multiple, complex nursing departments.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership ability and facility operational expertise.
- Ability to serve as role model and advocate for the professional discipline of nursing.
- Strong labor relations background.
- An individual able to effectively and efficiently organize patient care promoting optimal outcomes, patient safety, and patient, physician and employee satisfaction.
- An individual with proven success recruiting, retaining and developing staff. Someone effective in mentoring and developing staff, encouraging professional growth and achievement.
- Takes the lead in complying with regulatory standards, rules and laws.
- Proven ability to identify the need for change, anticipating, recognizing and creatively solving resistance to change; working with others to view change as a challenge and opportunity for growth. Displays an ability to be a risk taker and assume the role of change agent. However, someone who understands the importance of collegiality, collaboration and team spirit.
- A credible nurse leader who utilizes communication, coaching, sponsorship and training to successfully manage the people-side of change in order to realize successful outcomes of a business change.
- One who is positive, creative and innovative with a strong understanding of the business aspects of healthcare and the acumen to play a substantive role in developing strategies, budgets and business plans.
- Financially astute, with a solid understanding of cost issues and initiatives.
- Clearly a leader by example, able to articulate a clear vision and expectations for patient care services and other areas of responsibility.
IN AN EFFORT TO PROVIDE A MORE HEALTHY, SAFE AND SATISFYING ENVIRONMENT TO OUR EMPLOYEES, INDIVIDUALS TO WHOM JOB OFFERS ARE EXTENDED MAY UNDERGO NICOTINE TESTING AS A PART OF THE PRE-EMPLOYMENT PROCESS.
- An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices. Able to establish immediate credibility with peers, senior leadership, medical staff, and the Board.
- A collaborative and operational manager who will give employees a voice and encourage full participation of all team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a dedicated listener, comfortable in a variety of settings dealing with diverse constituencies; a broad thinker. The ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- A leader who will inspire confidence and establish a sense of common direction and vision for the medical staff.